Harris recommended Microsoft Project 2010, 2013,
2016 and 2019 Template Version 1>>>
The Microsoft Project 2013, 2016 and 2019 Global.mpt
sets the defaults for all new projects that are
created using the File, New command. There are
a number of issues with these options which are
explained in the author's books. This Microsoft
Project 2013, 2016 and 2019 *.mpp file has been
set up to reflect how the author normally sets
up projects and should be opened and saved as
a Microsoft Project template *.mpt file..
The following attributes have been changed from
the standard settings:
- File, Options, Schedule and Advanced have been
edited in line with the Author's recommendations
in his book.
- A new View titled "Gantt Chart Inc Negative
and Total Float":
- Columns: Total Float added and Resources removed.
- Grid lines: Middle and Bottom Timescale Tiers,
Project Start, Project Finish and Status Date
displayed and Current Date removed.
- Bars: Total Float (Total Slack) and Negative
Float added and all text removed from all bars.
- When any task is made Manually Scheduled
it will be displayed as a turquoise coloured
bar. This was achieved by moving the Critical
bar to the top of the list in the Bars form and
creating a bar to display Critical Manually Scheduled
- Bar display in the Legend: Many bars have been
hidden in the Legend (but not deleted) by placing
an "*" at the front of the Bar description
in the Bars form.
- Printing: some project information is drawn
from the Advanced Properties form. Also all project
data has been removed from the Legend so the Legend
may be hidden if not required, thus leaving all
project data displayed if the Legend is hidden.
- A Custom Field has been added to the "Tracking
Table" titled "Status Check" indicates
when activities have been updated correctly.
NOTES ON HOW TO CREATE A MICROSOFT PROJECT
1. Create or select a directory to save
your Microsoft Project templates in Windows Explorer.
2. Select File, Options to open the Project Options
3. Select the Save tab and set the directory that
your Microsoft Project Templates will be saved
4. Download the Microsoft Project 2013, 2016 and
2019 template from www.eh.com.au - Software Downloads
5. Unzip it by double clicking on the zip file
and dragging the file to your desktop.
6. Open the file with Microsoft Project.
7. Select File, Save As, Computer and Browse,
then, select from the drop down box to save as
type Microsoft Project template (*.mpt). Microsoft
will default to the directory you have selected
as a Template directory, so save the file in the
8. Select the defaults at the Save As Template
form and click Save.
9. Close the Eastwood Harris template file and
any other projects that may be open.
10. Selct File, New, Personal Tab and you should
see the Microsoft Project Template you have just
NOTES ON STATUS CHECK COLUMN:
1. You must set the "Status Date" in
the "Project Information" form for this
field to calculate correctly.
2. The Summary Task comments should be ignored.
3. You may down load the file by clicking on the
heading above and unzip by right clicking on the
4. If you do not like the settings in your Global.mpt
you may edit them using Developer, Organizer to
copy settings from this file to your Global.mpt.
here to download a sample MSP 2013, 2016 and 2019
file in zip format that shows how this field in
the Status Table operates >>>